Saturday, September 15, 2007

Tangled Yoke in Blue

I started my Tangled Yoke Not-a-Cardigan a couple of days ago and have just gotten past the garter rib section of the body. I'm knitting it in Rowan's Felted Tweed in Shade Number 152: Watery.

I don't have my camera handy, but here is a photograph from the day I started, which shows the color.



I am NOT knitting this sweater as a cardigan; I'm turning it into a pullover. To do that, I cast on the same number of stitches for the front as for the back. I'll put four of the front stitches on a holder at the point when I want to split the neck (which I plan to do just before the cable pattern starts).

I am using U.S. 4 needles because I found my gauge was a little bit loose on the size 5s recommended by the pattern. Also, there is a small error in the instructions for the decreases that occur during the garter rib. She has five decreases within the ribbing (at least for the second size) as detailed by the instructions and the number of stitches remaining, but the row count assumes more. It's because the instructions are written in a confusing way and I think that caused a miscount. It's easily fixable, but just something to be aware of.

I will also be updating my progress on my blog.

1 comment:

String Bean said...

I love the color you're using. It's really stunning. It'll be nice to see how the sweater looks as a pullover instead of a cardigan. I briefly thought about making it a pullover, but I realized I wear cardigans more often. What kind of neckline are you making it? Vee? Scoop?