Sunday, October 14, 2007

Finished!

It's done! I wouldn't say it was quick, but it was definitely pretty easy aside from the cable. The individual stitches on the cable weren't any more difficult than most vertical cables, but it was still difficult because of the really long rows. It was easy to lose track or get a little off (and a huge pain to go back and undo it). Also, you don't have the visual cues of being able to see how it should fit together as you do on a vertical cable. But I think that I could design horizontal cables to use in other places now, so it was definitely good to learn. This was also my first project that used short rows and button bands. Yay! More new skills.

Yarn: Knitpicks Palette in Garnet Heather
Needles: US 3 circs for body/yoke, US 4 dpn's for sleeves
(however, my gauge was off and it ended up smaller than it was supposed to)

For more, stop by my blog

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

Just gorgeous...looks terrific on as well!!! Congrats and what a bargain price!!

Anonymous said...

It looks wonderful and at under $15! Amazing!

Dotty said...

That's a beautiful colour! I bet it looks great on you.