Saturday, October 6, 2007

Getting Ready for the Yoke

Get it? Yoke? The color is sort of egg yoke? Ok, maybe I'm just a little punchy. I joined the previously knitted sleeves and I'm nearly at the very exciting but slightly intimidating yoke, oh boy!



Isn't this yarn yummy? I am in total lust with this yarn. Silky Wool from Elsebeth Lavold. The color, the texture, the smooth way it knits up. Pure. Love.

However, the pattern is a bit problematic for the novice. I feel somewhat sacrilegious in criticizing Eunny - but there is an error in the increase section for the body and the directions for joining the sleeves are less than clear. And then there are the 2 completely useless markers one stitch from each edge. Huh? Isn't there enough to worry about without messing with a stitch marker flopping about and threatening to fall off each row turn? Those little ##$@^$^ fell off one to many times and I got rid of them. So there.

Erm... I must be close to that time of the month. Except - I don't do that anymore! Guess I'm just a bitch.

But... isn't she lovely? I am 20 rows away from the yoke. I can't wait, but I am a tad fearful. Will Eunny flummox me again? we shall see....

7 comments:

MelissaPurls said...

I wondered about the markers one stitch from the edge, too. I didn't use them, either.

michaele said...

what's the increasing error? I never encountered that one.

Sally said...

There is definitely an increase error, which I pointed out somewhere. It may only affect the second size so if you are not knitting that size you wouldn't have any reason to notice it.

The math works out -- the total number of stitches that you start and end with. The directions are worded very oddly and if you were to follow them exactly you'd have an extra decrease or increase (I can't remember now).

Ceylan said...

I didn't notice an error in the increase either, but I'm knitting the 3rd size...I agree about the stitch markers, a few too many!

Anonymous said...

Mmm, what a rich color that is! I don't think you'll have any trouble with the cable and I didn't notice any errors there, but you could run a lifeline just in case.

amy said...

Very pretty! I'm at exactly the same spot on my sweater. I didn't find any errors (although I'm making the third size), but I agree about the stitch markers and directions for attaching the sleeves. A previous entry on this site was extremely helpful for the sleeves. I'm looking forward to getting started on the cabling!

Teresa said...

That really is some beautiful yarn!

I agree that the sleeve instructions are a bit confusing. And I've done sleeves like this once before! (for the Eiffel pattern on knitty. Those instructions seemed much more clear to me. At least, I think it's the same kind of sleeves...)